Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The SSJ Forum will post The Long Email

The SSJ Forum sent the following email to me.
Dear Mr. Murata,

Thank you for your e-mail. Since we cannot forward an attached file of any kind, we will post your message with the attached file.

Thank you and best wishes,
Akira Motegi, Moderator SSJ Forum
As you can probably guess, the email contained a typo. The email should have said that he would post my message without the attached file (he would later inform me of his typo in a subsequent email). Of course, the attached file was a copy of The Long Email. Instead of putting all twenty some odd pages of The Long Email in the body of an email message, I chose to send the article as a Word document which was attached to an email I sent to the SSJ Forum. So the SSJ Forum did not sent a copy of the document to the members of the forum. However, my message to the SSJ Forum moderator also contained a link to a post on my blog which also contained a copy of The Long Email. The moderator did send a copy of that link to all the forum members. So in other words, the forum members would have to read The Long Email on my blog, instead of getting a copy of the document through a forum post.

No comments: