Friday, November 25, 2011

Obama's Plan for America's Pacific Century

The Atlantic published an article written by Stewart M. Patrick, a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations. In the article, Patrick argued that China and America should agree to a “Pacific Charter” which would include, among other things, a requirement that all nations agree to the importance of human rights. I immediately became extremely outraged when I read that. Given what my government has been doing to me, it seemed quite absurd for them to be asking other governments to value human rights. In retrospect, my government “made” me angry because they wanted me to write something in the comments section of the article. This is what I wrote.
How about human rights in America?

http://chroniclesoftheendofhistory.blogspot.com/2000/06/harvard-and-making-of-unabomber.html

No comments: