Monday, November 14, 2011

It's never easy

I called the LVPD Records Bureau this afternoon. They said police reports cost $9. You can get them at their headquarters which is located at 400 S. Martin Luther King Blvd. Their office is open from 7 AM to 7 PM.

Unfortunately, they said they had no record of the incident that happened at my apartment complex on November 10.

Groan.

Remembering that I had called 311 on November 10 and remembering that they had some information about the incident, I decided to give them another call and ask them if they could provide me with a report of the incident.

They did have a record of the incident. They told me that the event number for the incident was 111110-0153. To get a report of the incident, they told me to go to the police office at 4591 West Russell Road. The office is open from 7 AM to 4 PM from Monday through Thursday and 7 AM to 3 PM on Friday. The report would cost $24 (it’s a little bit expensive because they have to redact information from the report before they can release it to the public). To pay for the report, they only accept checks or money orders (they don’t accept cash or credit cards). They said that if the case is still open, I can’t even buy a redacted version of the report.

They suggested that I call the LVPD Records Bureau again, give them the event number, and see if they have a report that I can buy. So I called the LVPD Records Bureau again. They said they did not have a report for the event number 111110-0153.

So now I have to go to that police station on Russell. And I don’t even know if I will be able to get a copy of the report when I go there.

Groan.

No comments: