Thursday, October 6, 2011

Shareef Allman kills himself

At around 7:30 AM, the police found Shareef Allman hiding in a driveway and they started shooting at him. The initial news reports claimed that the police shot and killed Allman. However, an autopsy showed that Allman killed himself.

The showdown happened near 934 Lorne Way. That house is located less than a mile from Peterson Middle School. I went to school there. When I was growing up, I used to ride my bike to a shopping mall called Vallco. On my way to the shopping mall, I passed Peterson Middle School. I also passed Lorne Way while ridding down Quail Ave. That intersection is located less than a third of a mile from where Allman killed himself.

For two decades, I lived in that area. As far as I can remember, nothing like this had ever happened during that time.

No comments: