Monday, October 3, 2011

The Rain of Terror

For the next two days, the Reign of Terror would become the Rain of Terror. Las Vegas, which is located in the middle of the Mojave Desert, would become inundated with rain.

For lunch, my parents and I drove over to Tivoli Village, which is located on the other side of town (where my previous apartment was located). We ate at a place called Leone CafĂ©. They have an outdoor and an indoor dining section. My mother asked me which section we should eat in (it wasn’t raining yet). I chose the indoor section.

After we ordered our food, it started raining. Hard. The wind started blowing. It blew away the outside chairs and the dishes and the glasses and the silverware. All that stuff crashed on the ground, making a loud noise when it broke into pieces. My mother told me that it was a good idea that I chose to eat inside.

I’m not sure if I was lucky or my government “gave” me the right decision. Maybe they just wanted me terrorized, and not pissed off. I would have been really pissed if I had chosen to eat outside.

It stopped raining when we finished eating.


At Tivoli Village, the rainstorm actually looked more like this.

No comments: