Friday, June 17, 2011

My parents drive home

My parents drove home today. They ended up staying an extra day to help me move. We did not spend much time (if any) discussing what my government was doing to me during this trip. We spent most of our time moving my stuff.

Once again, shares of Vonage would soar after my parents left. From June 17, to June 28, shares of Vonage would rise nearly 16%, from $4.08 to $4.73. However, shares of TiVo would go up and then would head back down. From June 17 to June 22, TiVo shares would go from $9.78 to $10.20. But from June 23 to June 27, TiVo shares would drop back down to $9.86.

Most likely, my government did this in protest of what China was doing with the yuan. From June 23 to June 27, China weakened the yuan on every trading day. Overall, the dollar strengthened .0138 to 6.4766 yuan during this period. Both before and after this period, China strengthened the yuan. China must have been mad about something during that brief five day period. And my government decided to take it out on me.

No comments: