Monday, September 26, 2011

One inch ahead is darkness

Let’s see where we’re at…
The media claims that Greece may soon default on its debt and Congress may soon shutdown the U.S. government.

September 23

Mahmoud Abbas asks the UN to formally recognize the state of Palestine.

September 24

“If by this autumn there is no progress on the relocation of Futenma, the relationship between Japan and America will be torn to shreds,” said Nobuteru Ishihara.

My niece fell, hit her head, and had to go to the hospital.

September 25

A truck broadsided the car my father was driving. My mother and I were in the car when the accident happened.

Britain will likely decide on whether or not to extradite Julian Assange to Sweden in the next two weeks.

September 26

A Japanese court convicted the three associates of Ichiro Ozawa in the Rikuzankai case.

September 29

A Japanese appeals court will decide whether or not to release the documents related to the money Japan paid to America for returning Okinawa. I have sent my own request for these documents to the U.S. National Archives. I should hear back from them soon.
And finally, my government has “asked” me to meet my neighbor upstairs. But, on the other hand, my government has “told” me that, should I actually meet my neighbor, he will shoot me with a pistol and kill me.

It is a shame that no one believes me. Perhaps some of this misery could have been avoided. I would like to think that my government will now come to its senses and do the right thing. Based on my experience so far, I have no reason to believe they will do that. But, you never know. Sometimes miracles happen.

One inch ahead is darkness…

No comments: