Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Obama And Conservatives Break Bread At George Will's House

Barack Obama ate dinner at the home of George Will on January 13, 2009. Bill Kristol, David Brooks, and Charles Krauthammer also attended the dinner.

My government “tells” me that the group of them discussed the so-called New Diplomacy at this meeting. Bloggers like me and Jun Okumura weren’t the only one who would be used to communicate to foreign governments in this new era. Governments would also use newspapers, and in particular the editorial and op-ed sections, to convey information to each other.

Not only that, but newspapers writers, and in particular George Will, Bill Kristol, David Brooks, and Charles Krauthammer, would also read and respond to things that bloggers like me wrote. Needless to say, once someone told them that the public might find out about all this, well, the four of them seemed to get real nervous, with the exception of David Brooks. He just got pissed. After all, they know that the government has tortured me and violated my civil rights. And they have stayed silent.

Whoops.

No comments: