Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My new neighbor

Later on, I would discover that someone new moved into the room above me today. From what I can tell, the occupants of this room always have the “Do Not Disturb” sign hung on their door. I almost never see the occupants of this room leave their room.

I would later learn that my upstairs neighbor paid the Siena Suites to stay through June 25, 2012. That doesn’t make a lot of sense. A place like the Siena Suites is usually used for one of two reasons. Either you stay here for a vacation or you stay here because you just moved to Las Vegas and you need to stay somewhere for a short while before you find an apartment. For people who stay in Las Vegas for six months or longer, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to stay at the Siena Suites because signing a lease for an apartment would be more affordable.

At the Siena Suites, rent is charged on a monthly basis, so there is no reason to pay for longer than a month. You can stay for less than a month, but it will be more expensive. So if you want to stay longer than a month, you should pay your rent once per month. That’s your maximum discount. You do not get a discount for paying for more than 30 days.

I believe my government has some sort of control over my new neighbors. I am not sure if they realize it. The same thing that happened to me at San Moritz is happening to me at the Siena Suites. My neighbors often make loud noises at interesting times. My government has “convinced” me that the noises are a response to things that I am either thinking or writing. The noises typically signal that my government disapproves of something that I am doing.

The noises are loud enough to wake me up at night. I still have problems sleeping. I’m not sure if the noises are waking me up at night.

Notice that my upstairs neighbor moved into their room less than three weeks after I moved into my new room. My government has “told” me that this is not a coincidence.

No comments: