Thursday, June 16, 2011

I switch rooms

The one bedroom rooms at the Siena Suites have either one King bed or two double beds. My room had had one King bed. My father was convinced that I would be happier in a room with two double beds. I don’t remember why he was so convinced of this. In retrospect, I think my government wanted me to move to another room. To make that happen, they convinced my father that I must move to a room that has two double beds.

My father got his way. I moved to another room. In addition to having two double beds, I wanted a room that was located on the second floor at the end of the building (like my current room). Yesterday, the Siena Suites told me that they didn’t have a room available that matched my request. But today, I asked again and this time they did have a room available. I remember my mother telling me that this was my lucky day. I wasn’t so convinced.

In the middle of the night, a beeping sound woke me up. I couldn’t tell where it was coming from. I called the front office and they sent a guy to investigate. He couldn’t find the source of the beeping either. So I convinced management to give me another room for the night.

The next day, I discovered, in one of my moving boxes, my carbon monoxide detector. It was beeping. In my old apartment, I had the thing plugged into the wall. But you could also run the device off of a battery and I had one inside it. The battery just happened to run out of gas at the middle of the night. I’m not sure if my government had a hand in this or not. In any event, that was not the only problem I would encounter in my new room.

My new room is located right next to the laundry room (my previous room was also located next to a different laundry room). But the laundry room located next to my current room is different from my previous laundry room in one important way. The tension on the laundry room door closer is set much higher, meaning that the door makes a very loud noise when it is closed. Since the laundry room is open all day, I often hear that sound in the middle of the night, while I am sleeping. Needless to say, this hasn’t helped me conquer my sleeping problems. But I’m sure my government is happy about that.

No comments: