Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Next Move

I posted the following article on Blogging for a New World Order.
Things are going badly.

Afghanistan is a wreck. It’s probably not going to get better any time soon. The other day, Mike Mullen told Congress he expected another difficult year in Afghanistan. I don’t understand why Afghanistan is such a mess. It’s not in anyone’s interest for Afghanistan to be in such a sorry state.

Libya is a wreck. Both sides seem to be at a stalemate we created. We may end up partitioning yet another country. This would probably make Europe happy, but it certainly wouldn’t make Libya happy. Oil is now over $110 a barrel, mostly because of the situation in Libya.

The U.S. budget is a wreck. S&P recently threatened to downgrade our government.

The Mideast peace process is a wreck and our relationship with North Korea is a wreck, but I guess that’s nothing new.

Japan is a wreck. The current prime minister is worthless and no one seems to care. The recent earthquake was almost certainly man-made and was probably made by the Japanese government.

Apparently, there are several ways to create an earthquake. Drilling for hydrocarbons near fault lines can cause earthquakes. Detonating a nuclear weapon underground will also cause an earthquake.

The Japan Times certainly seemed to believe that many of the recent natural disasters have been man made. On December 31, the Japan Times wrote an article called “A year of living dangerously.” In that article, the Japan Times noted that while the number of deaths from armed conflicts had gone down, the number of deaths from natural disasters had skyrocketed.

“More than a quarter million people died as a result of natural disasters in 2010, making last year the most deadly in over a generation,” said the Japan Times. “More people were killed by natural disasters in 2010 than have been killed in terrorist attacks over the past four decades combined.”

Notice that the Japan Times seems to be equating the recent natural disasters with terrorism and remember that the newspaper called the article “A year of living dangerously.”

The Associated Press also seems to believe that many of the recent earthquakes have been acts of terrorism. On November 5, the Associated Press wrote an article called, “Earthquakes dog Clinton on overseas trips.”

“What is it about Hillary Rodham Clinton and earthquakes?” asked the Associated Press. “It seems the secretary of state rarely takes an overseas trip that is not in some way affected by a temblor.”

Hillary Clinton experienced five earthquakes during her overseas travel. She experienced earthquakes while traveling to New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Japan, Honduras, and Pakistan. Earthquakes affected her overseas trips in other ways too. The big earthquake in Haiti short circuited her trip to New Zealand while the big earthquake in Chile happened right before her visit to that country.

In fact, during 2010, it seemed that in one way or another, an earthquake affected just about every single trip she made to the Asia Pacific region. Taken at face value, it seemed like Europe was trying to convince her not to go to that region.

By the way, on the same day that the Associated Press ran that story, President Obama left for a ten day trip to East Asia. The Associated Press probably hoped that article would restrain foreign countries from creating an earthquake during that trip. Basically, the Associated Press was threatening to reveal the truth behind the recent earthquakes. Hopefully, that might deter others from carrying out such acts. If you believe you’re going to be exposed, you probably won’t commit a crime.

Most likely, Japan created its recent earthquake for several reasons. The earthquake will probably boost the Japanese economy, as it would lead to a lot of new construction projects. In fact, during the recent financial crisis, Japan seemed to dare the West to create an earthquake in Tokyo. On November 12, 2008, Toshizo Ido, the governor of Hyogo, said that a big earthquake in Tokyo would be an opportunity to boost the Japanese economy.

The earthquake will also likely have the effect of distributing development in Japan more broadly, as companies realize that concentrating all their operations in one area – the Tokyo / Osaka corridor – might not be such a good idea.

Households might increase their purchases of solar cells and batteries, in an effort to mitigate the effects of the blackouts and to prepare for any future earthquakes.

The earthquake may also provide Japan with an excuse for exiting the Kyoto Protocol. With nuclear power now in retreat in Japan, Japan has a good excuse for not meeting its CO2 emissions targets.

And Japan might want to use the earthquake as a threat. Thus far, I haven’t had much success in getting my message out. However, Japan might want other governments to worry that the current situation might soon change and it could use the earthquake to threaten to do just that, though I doubt they would follow through on that threat. Here’s how Japan can use the earthquake to threaten other countries. It turns out that my father worked on the design of the cooling system for the Fukushima 1 reactor several decades ago. I’m thinking that – given what has been happening to me – this can’t be a coincidence. In fact, after the earthquake, my government “told” me that they might call my father to testify before Congress on the situation with the reactor. Were some enterprising reporter to find out about me, that might provide a spotlight for what I’ve written. However, I think this is just a threat and not likely to happen.

But something needs to happen, hopefully soon.

I’m still working on trying to get the word out, but right now, I’m not getting enough done. I’ve been feeling tired but I haven’t been sleeping well. I’ve been too tired to do anything but not tired enough to sleep. I’ve had a bunch of stupid songs stuck in my head which has made it hard to concentrate.

My father wants me to see a doctor. I’m not sure that’s a good idea. I would need to tell him about what has been happening to me and he would need to believe me. Otherwise, I think he’ll end up prescribing me some medication that won’t fix anything. A few years back, one of my former coworkers had some of the same symptoms that I have been experiencing. He also couldn’t sleep and he had a hard time concentrating because he had songs stuck in his head. The doctor gave him sleeping pills and antidepressants. Not only did they not seem to work, in the case of the antidepressants, I think they seemed to make things worse.

Besides, I am feeling better than I was a couple of months ago. Back then, I think my government was trying to drug me into submission. Apparently, they got that idea from Charles Krauthammer. Back in December, Krauthammer wrote an article about WikiLeaks in which he argued that our government should try to threaten and intimidate anyone who tries to tell the truth about our government.

“Want to prevent this from happening again?” asked Krauthammer. “Let the world see a man who can’t sleep in the same bed on consecutive nights, who fears the long arm of American justice. I’m not advocating that we bring out of retirement the KGB proxy who, on a London street, killed a Bulgarian dissident with a poisoned umbrella tip. But it would be nice if people like Assange were made to worry every time they go out in the rain.”

That’s our media for you.

Aside from seeing a doctor, I have a few other options. I could confront my neighbors who I believe are poisoning me, I could go to the police, or I could move.

I doubt that moving would work, as I’ve lived in give different places in the past few years and I’ve had problems in each of them. I don’t trust the police and I don’t think they’ll believe what I have to say. I’m not sure how I would confront my neighbors and I’m not sure what good that would do. I’m sure they’d just deny
everything.

If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do, you know where to reach me.

The problems we had in Iraq, the problems we are having in Afghanistan, the problems we are having in Libya, the problems we are having with Japan, China, and East Asia in general are all rooted in the fact that our government lacks decency and integrity and can get away with what it does because no one has blown the whistle on them. Our bad behavior sets off a series of reprisals from other countries and in the end, everyone is poorer off. I’m not sure why no one seems to understand this.

Towards the end of that Japan Times article, the newspaper commented on the situation with WikiLeaks.

“The WikiLeaks drama of recent weeks is the first in what is certain to be a flood of humiliations of government leaders and officials,” said the Japan Times.

I can’t wait.
The day after I wrote this, TiVo shares plummeted 72 cents to $10.12. But on the other hand, Vonage shares jumped 23 cents to $4.95. Presumably, that was because the yuan tumbled that day, dropping an inconceivable .0333 to 6.492. That must have made my government happy.

On the surface, it appears that my article scared China to strengthening the yuan. In reality, China rewarded America for allowing me to write this article. And America simultaneously rewarded and punished me for writing this article. Of course, the net effect was negative, but presumably, it would have been worse had China not made that move on the yuan.

No comments: