Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Nearly equal and opposite again

Under normal situations, I imagine my government would have punished me for writing that article on Esther Dyson and Anne-Marie Slaughter. After all, the article did argue that the Obama administration had committed crimes. However, today, like yesterday, something really bizarre happened. While TiVo shares gained 16 cents to $8.91, Vonage shares lost 19 cents to $4.30. Once again, one of the stocks rose while the other stock fell. But the magnitude of the movement for both was almost nearly identical. Again, the net effect on my Scottrade account was negligible as the gain in TiVo shares was offset by the loss in my Vonage shares. Perhaps, once again, my government saw some benefit in me publishing an article at this time.

No comments: