Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Can't load articles

I sent the Times of London the following message.
I finally was able to subscribe to the Times Archive but I am now
having a hard time accessing website. When I try to click on an
article the browser stalls for a long time and then spits out the
following error message:

HTTP Status 503 -

type Status report

message

description The requested service () is not currently available.
Apache Tomcat/5.5.27
The Times of London sent me the following reply.
Dear Mark

Thanks for your email. We are sorry to hear that.

Was there a particular article you were trying to access?

Kind regards,
Phil
Online Customer Services
Unfortunately, customer service never fixed my problem. So over the coming months, I would just have to accept the fact that I could not access their archives at certain times. When the articles wouldn’t load, I would continually hit the browser refresh button until they would load or until I ran out of patience.

In retrospect, I believe my government was controlling this process to regulate how fast I could progress in my research.

No comments: