Friday, February 18, 2011

My government throws a hissy fit

My government was pissed. They were angry at Japan for declassifying documents related to the payments Japan made to America for the return of Okinawa. They were angry with Ichiro Ozawa for staging a rebellion against Kan. They were angry with the Chinese government for acknowledging the role Japan played in modernizing China. And they were angry with me for writing my article on the connection between Iwo Jima and the Vietnam War (I would publish the article later today. By now, they must have known what would be in it. Perhaps, they wanted to put a little pressure on me right before I published the article to make me think twice about it).

Boo hoo. Sniffle. Sniffle.

From February 17 to February 23, TiVo shares went from $10.57 to $10.02. From February 17 to February 24, Vonage shares went from $4.62 to $3.97.

No comments: