Friday, February 18, 2011

Global imbalances a most vital finance topic at G20 Paris meeting

The finance ministers of the G20 began a two day meeting in Paris on February 18. During their meeting, they talked about the trade imbalances between the West and the East.

This meeting began a mere two days after my parents finished their visit to Las Vegas. Throughout the rest of the year, this would be a recurring theme. Each month, my parents would visit me from Sunday through the middle of the week. At the end of the week there would be an important summit meeting. My government “told” me that they did this to keep me occupied in the run up to the summit. Apparently, they did not want me writing too much or reading too much during that period.

If you look at the events that immediately preceded the summits and the events that immediately came afterward, you can see that a lot of things happened. This would also be a recurring theme. Nations would blow things up, kill people, and release secret information in order to put pressure on other nations before the summit. They would also do those same things after the summit to register their displeasure at how the summit unfolded.

No comments: