Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ex-C.I.A. Agent Goes Public With Story of Mistreatment on the Job

On February 10, 2011, the New York Times published a story about a former CIA officer, Kevin M. Shipp, who sued the government for placing him in a house contaminated by mold. The Army owned that house which was located in Camp Stanley. Underneath that house was buried ammunition. One of his children even found a mustard gas shell buried within the premises.

While living at that house, his children had to suffer through nosebleeds, strange rashes, vomiting, severe asthma, and memory loss. Their experience is similar to the experience I have had. I have had nosebleeds, strange rashes, and memory loss. While I have not been vomiting, I have often dry heaved. The major difference between my experience and theirs is the lack of asthma on my part which is strange, given that I had a fairly severe form of asthma as a child.

The government ordered the Shipp family and their lawyers to not discuss the case. The government eventually agreed to pay him $400,000. However, the government withdrew that offer two days after it made that offer.

As a side note, this story was one of several stories on CIA corruption published on or around February 10, 2011. The articles tended to corroborate my story. I imagine that the government wanted these stories released at this time. I’m not sure why.

No comments: