Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Vonage and TiVo shares soar on January 5

Shares of Vonage skyrocketed today, rising 30 cents to $2.63. Shares of TiVo rose 80 cents to $9.85. Over the past three days, shares of Vonage rose over 17% while shares of TiVo rose by more than 14%. If you exclude what happened to my other stock holdings, based on the increases in those two stocks alone, the value of my Scottrade account rose by almost $5,000.

TiVo shares would remain stuck at about this level until February 2. On the other hand, Vonage shares would continue to skyrocket until January 12. They would go up by an additional 63 cents. At this time, a gain of that magnitude would have increased the value of my Scottrade account by about $2,500. Then, from January 12 until the end of the month, shares of Vonage would remain at about the same level.

I believe my government sent the prices of these stocks soaring after I failed to convince my family that my government was doing something to me. Of course, given the way I was feeling, it is not surprising that I could not convince my family that my government was doing something to me. It is not easy to carry on a conversation when you feel bad and you can’t remember anything.

If I remember correctly, I only saw my parents for lunch and for dinner during their trip to see me. At those times, my stomach was feeling really queasy. However, when I was at my apartment by myself, I remember feeling much better. I believe my government was making me feel bad whenever I saw my family so I could not convince them that my government was doing something to me.

Each night, when I returned to my apartment after dinner, I remember my government “telling” me that I had done a good job.

No comments: