Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gates: Assange Arrest 'sounds Good to Me'

In an interview in Afghanistan, the Associated Press asked Robert Gates about the arrest of Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks. In response, Robert Gates smiled and, at least according to the AP headline, he replied, “Sounds good to me.”

I often used the phrase “sounds good to me” in INDB to tag ideas that I agreed with. I must have written that phrase a zillion times in there.

Apparently, Robert Gates thought it would be funny to steal my catch phrase to show his approval for going after WikiLeaks.

Actually, Robert Gates got my catch phrase wrong. Though the AP headline says “sounds good to me,” if you listen to the actual interview, Robert Gates says, “Sounds like good news to me.”

I’m not sure why he chose to get my catchphrase wrong but the Associate Press chose to get it right.

No comments: