Friday, October 15, 2010

Mary Robinson channels me

“A true friend is someone who tells you what you need to know and not only what you want to hear,” said Mary Robinson, the former President of Ireland.

I don’t think it was a coincidence that this line was very similar to what I wrote two day before, in the “note” I wrote to Shinzo Abe, where I wrote, “Sometimes a friend should tell you what you need to hear and not what you want to hear.”

I’m not sure why Mary Robinson said something very similar to what I wrote. Perhaps America made her say that line. At the time, I was also involved in the effort to try to get Israel to sign a peace agreement with the Palestinians. Perhaps this was America’s way of signaling that the stuff I wrote was coming from the government. Perhaps this was America’s way of explaining why I wrote the things that I did.

No comments: