Saturday, August 28, 2010

Singing Neighbor

My neighbor started singing quite loudly at midnight on August 28. This happened to me quite often while I was living at San Moritz. Occasionally, I would open my window to see which direction the singing was coming from. And each time I did that, the volume of the singing dropped dramatically. This led me to speculate that, despite what my brain was telling me, the singing was not coming from outside but was in fact coming from somewhere inside my apartment. Somehow, I figured, my government must have a way to change the direction from which a sound appeared to be emanating from. Either that or my government must have been able to make me hear singing when in fact no one was actually singing. Presumably, my government “made” me hear singing in order to make me angry and wreck my concentration.

No comments: