Monday, May 24, 2010

A victim of Project Artichoke

In response to the comment made by Jennifer Van Bergen, an anonymous person wrote the following.
I appreciate the above comment that answers the question: where are the survivors. However, I wish that until we do find documents supporting the existence of a Project Monarch, people would refrain from using the term. It's unclear whether or not it is disinfo.

Another answer to where are the survivors is that we are right here. We've been trying to get the media and public's attention for going on 25 years now. Some even testified before congress in 1995. Those were three who were tortured and conditioned beginning in childhood. Since it's difficult enough for people to imagine this kind of work being done on adults, there is a massive wall of denial ready for any victim who was taken as a child. Many choose to remain private after they've gone through a lengthy healing process.

I have to say that, as an activist in this area, the norm is to be marginalized, even in a compartmentalized way by friends who cannot bear to think of the torture committed in their name, in their own communities. The irony of course is that's exactly what the perpetrators of these crimes predicted would happen with disclosure attempts.

The pain of knowing, for ordinary citizens, I think, is what has kept these activities secret, more than any other force.
Actually, the last part of this comment is wrong. The reason why other people “marginalize” the victims is because they themselves are unknowingly victims of Project Artichoke. The CIA is manipulating the friends and family of the victim in order to maintain the secrecy of the program.

At the beginning of 2011, I contacted my family for the first time in five years. I would try to convince them that my government was doing something to me. Right from the beginning, my mother refused to even listen to what I was saying. The first time I tried to convince my family of what was happening to me, I sat in front of my computer, I had a bunch of newspaper articles open in Firefox, my family sat next to me, and I tried to explain what I discovered and what my government was doing to me. My mother could not even watch my entire presentation. She left my bedroom before I even finished. And although, on numerous occasions, I have asked her to read what I have written on my blog, she refuses to do so.

On the other hand, my father did listen to my entire presentation and he has read my blog (though it was a little bit of a chore to get him to do that). Of course, he doesn’t believe me. But in his case, it’s not that he believes his government is too good to do anything this evil. Instead, he believes that our government is incompetent and so they are incapable of doing the things I accuse them of. He cites the struggles America is currently going through as evidence of our government’s incompetence. What he doesn’t realize is that America is struggling partly because other countries know the truth and are using that information against us. And the people who run this nation, in an effort to save their own skin, are willing to do anything to prevent the public from learning the truth. Basically, other nations (China and Japan in particular) have us over a barrel. Furthermore, because of what our government has done, other governments do not trust us and that lack of trust ends up hurting the country as well. This is why we are in a predicament.

And a final point. The person who wrote this comment left out the reason why many of the victims maintain their silence. And that is because, using the techniques developed in Project Artichoke, the government continues to make them afraid of coming forward. Presumably, that is the reason why the person who wrote this comment did not leave their name and instead decided to post this comment anonymously.

No comments: