Monday, June 29, 2009

Of Faction Leaders...and the SSJ Forum

On June 29, 2009, in a response to one of my questions, Mr. Okumura tried to get me to join the SSJ Forum. Perhaps he wanted to continue the discussion there, instead of his blog. I didn’t take him up on his offer. I guess my government wanted me to continue doing the “New Diplomacy” on his blog, rather than in a forum. I’m not sure why.

In my comments, I argued that Japan was reorienting itself away from the West. In response, Mr. Okumura made one of his more interesting comments in which he said, “Don’t you think that there’s a lot of evidence that [the West] is reorienting itself away from the West?”

Unfortunately, I never got Mr. Okumura to explain that sentence fully.

During this exchange, Mr. Okumura inquired about my occupation.

“I don’t know what you do for a living, but you’re certainly good at raising difficult questions,” he said.

I replied that I was simply a computer programmer (which I was). At that time, I did not know that my government had been injecting thoughts into my mind.

Interestingly, and I just noticed this, someone called Armchair Asia wrote a comment advising Mr. Okumura to refrain from posting on the SSJ Forum.

“I rather you spend your time posting your own thoughts on your blog about politics than being pulled into the lonely obsessions of folks who are avoiding time with their families,” said Armchair Asia.

At this time, I had not seen my family in about 3 years.

No comments: