Sunday, June 5, 2005

Off to Marina Del Rey

I was born with an overactive immune system. I had asthma when I was young. My nose would run and my skin would break out in rashes when I inhaled pollen or when I ate certain foods such as shellfish.

Ironically, when I was young, my asthma was particularly bad when I visited Colorado. On more than one occasion, my family drove to Colorado for our family reunions. And from what I remember, every time I visited that state, I had an asthma attack and I ended up in the hospital. To this day, I am not sure why I had so many asthma attacks while visiting Colorado. As I grew older, my asthma got better. Still, in retrospect, it was a little bit bizarre that I would decide to accept a job in Colorado after having so many health issues while visiting that state.

While working in Colorado, my allergies did bother me. However, for the most part, they were manageable. But by 2005, I had gotten tired of trying to manage my allergies and I convinced myself that my allergies would be less serious if I moved to another state. I convinced my boss to allow me to move to California and telecommute for work. After all, as a computer programmer, all I did everyday was sit in my office and hack away at the keyboard, what difference did it make where I lived or where I worked?

I decided to move to Marina Del Rey and I decided to work out of my apartment. I figured Marina Del Rey would be a good place to live because my brother lives not too far from there. On June 5, I signed a six month lease for an apartment located right next to the ocean.

No comments: